What do you think makes you a productive leader? How do you get things done... and is there anything you'd like to do better?
I am a productive person, overall, because I organize my tasks according to importance and by due date. I really have to concentrate on the tasks to do them efficiently. I am constantly making lists. I have a planner by day, by week and by month and all of my assignments are color coded. I have to write any online notes, because I cannot study from my computer, there is too much distraction to be had. (By the way, YouTube’s sole existence is to distract every college student from their work. YouTube is the bane of homework’s existence). So, when it comes to being a leader, I follow the same path and since I am leading a group, YouTube is far, far away. I try to organize the purpose of the group and find the best way to get to our goal. Then, I work my very hardest, doing everything I can possibly do to accomplish what needs done. I was taught that all that matters is winning, so for a long time I had many misconceptions about the meaning of reaching the goal. So I guess I need to work on not needing to be number one at everything, and being more trusting that people will do what they said they would do. I definitely have been taught to trust through experience and I have had several experience that back this theory up, but as I have moved to college, every group I have worked with has really come through and my trust has severely increased.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

HEY!!! So do I! I am a freak about organization. Doesn't it make life soooo much easier? I have papers all over my walls of all kinds of things just to make sure I get done what needs to get done.
ReplyDeleteFunny, YouTube doesn't distract me. Neither does facebook. I don't know. For some reason, I am not easily distracted. If we were talking about boredom.. That's a different story.. I get bored WAY too easily! But, hey.. I don't know.
BTW: I still have your scissors. lol.
Being a list person myself, I have lists that I update every day. My biggest challenge is that I always put the things that I least enjoy at the bottom of the list.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.