If you were to design a university from the ground up, what would it be like?
I have been dreading this question since I first read it on Moodle and, as you can see, I have waited until the last possible moment to finish it. I have been chewing on it since the first day of class and I still have no idea how I would even begin, so I am going to start with problems I see every day and work from that.
-Cable
-Air conditioning
-access to a wireless router ALL THE TIME!
-more flexibility with meal plans
-option to have all flex dollars
-flexibility to use meals when you want, where you want and how many you want
-Fix the roads and add side walks up Chapel Hill
-Clean and organize the kitchens and laundry rooms of the res halls.
-curtain rods provided in the res rooms
-allow painting of the walls in res rooms
-and many more, I am sure
SO, as you can see, I have some of the basic complaints that everyone at Chatham shares, and some not so usually, who honestly sits in a dark corner and broods about not having a curtain rod? Me, that's right! (I was lucky enough to get a room with a rod holder installed and all I needed was a rod, but in my last two rooms, believe me, I was brooding) Anyways, back to he subject.
My university would have all of the above things but I only really listed improvements to be made to Chatham, which implies that it already is quite perfect(for me, anyways), which is why I chose to come here, verses every other school that I was accepted.
Like I said, this question is one I have been avoiding, so I answered it to the bes of my capabilities.
Shannon
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't blame you for dreading this question. It is definitely tough to know where to begin. I think it is facinating that you and many others commented on some of the choices of day-to-day living that you would make in your own home - like curtain rods. I personally only have blinds at home because I can't commit to a decorating style.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the single most important thing that students at your university will learn?
Hope you had a great weekend.